Time with friends and family is one of the best parts of the holiday season, and what better way to celebrate than by baking holiday favorites together? When it comes to dessert, you can make your Thanksgiving feast a meal that makes a difference by bringing Greyston to the table.
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, and our spin on this classic treat adds some extra special sweetness to your holiday season. With a hassle-free crust that packs in a side of social justice, our cookie thins help you bake a pie with a purpose. Pick your favorite pumpkin pie recipe, and swap out the traditional crust for one made with the goodness of Greyston!
Pie Crust with a Purpose
Large plastic bag
9” Pie pan
1 box of Brown Sugar Blondie Cookie Thins
1 ½ to 2 Tablespoons of butter, melted
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Pour about ¾ of the bag of Greyston Cookie Thins from their package into a large plastic bag. Press out excess air and seal closed.
3) With a rolling pin, crush cookies until they become fine crumbs.
4) Measure 2 cups of crumbs and transfer them into a medium size bowl.
5) Add butter and stir until evenly combined.
6) Transfer cookie crumbs to the pie pan and use fingers or bottom of a glass to press crumbs down and cover the bottom and sides of the pan.
7) Bake in oven for 8-11 minutes, or until smells of brown sugar goodness fill your kitchen.
8) Allow to cool completely before filling with pumpkin pie base.
9) Cook according to pie instructions.
If you’re as thankful for sustainable and delicious foods as we are, then you’ll love our go-to treat, the Greyston Sandwich of Gratitude! No holiday celebration would be complete without a side of ice cream, and this Thanksgiving we’re piling it high with the help of our friends at Ben & Jerry’s. By sandwiching the decadent goodness of ice cream between the social sweetness of Greyston Cookie Thins, you get a dessert to be truly thankful for.
Greyston Sandwiches of Gratitude:
Pumpkin Spice Bliss
1 pint Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
1 box Greyston Brown Sugar Blondie Cookie Thins
3 Greyston Pumpkin Spice Blondies
Makes about 14 ice cream sandwiches
1) Unwrap Greyston Pumpkin Spice Blondies and place in food processor.
2) Pulse until brownies are uniformly crumbled, then transfer to medium size bowl.
3) Line baking tray with wax paper and lay Cookie Thins out in rows with flat side up.
4) Scoop 1-2 rounded tablespoons of ice cream onto every-other cookie.
5) Make sandwiches by pairing each ice cream-topped brownie crisp with one plain crisp, and gently press the two together.
6) Roll the sides of the sandwich in Pumpkin Spice Blondie crumbles until ice cream surface is covered.
7) Place the completed sandwiches back on the baking tray and store in freezer for at least two hours before serving.
8) These treats can be wrapped in plastic and stored in the freezer for up to two weeks, so you can keep celebrating the season of gratitude!
Half Baked, Whole Hearted
1 pint Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked ice cream
1 box Greyston Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookie Thins
12 oz. bag of mini chocolate chips
Makes about 14 ice cream sandwiches
1) Pour chocolate chips in medium size bowl and set aside.
2) Line baking tray with wax paper, and lay Cookie Thins in rows, flat side up.
3) Allow ice cream to soften in carton before scooping 1 rounded tablespoon onto every other cookie.
4) Make sandwiches by pairing each ice cream-topped brownie crisp with one plain crisp, and gently press the two together.
5) Roll the sides of the sandwich in chocolate chips until ice cream surface is covered.
6) Place back on tray and store in freezer for at least two hours before serving.
7) These treats can be wrapped in plastic and stored in the freezer for up to two weeks, so you can keep celebrating the season of gratitude!
Send us pictures of your treats!