Company: Greyston Bakery
Open Position: Sales Manager
Our Sales Manager will be responsible for growing both brand awareness and sales of the Greyston Bakery brand nationally within the retail channel including: Whole Foods Market, the natural channel and the local New York market. The Sales Manager will support the marketing and sales team along with our national broker to meet sales targets, ensure campaigns and promotions are executed and provide a superb customer service experience to all major retail stakeholders.
• B.S. or B.A. Degree
• Strong writing, communications and project management skills
• Passion for socially conscious business
• 3-5 years of experience in sales management in food industry
• Develop distributor and retail relationships and generate sales in the New York local, foodservice and natural market channels
• Manage national broker relationship including: executing successful national and regional promotional campaigns (shelf placement, tags, artwork), product merchandising, product placement and resets, couponing, regional and global meetings and weekly calls
• Participate in the development and execution of annual plans and ongoing tracking mechanisms to assure target sales results achievement.
• Generate and distribute weekly sales reports using Whole Foods Vendor Portal and Who Cube data, provide sales analysis and strategy to maximize regional sales opportunities
• Create and sell the Greyston Brownie Bar Program for food service/retail accounts
• Prepare presentation materials for retail account meetings including: category reviews, business reviews, monthly updates
• Supervise the field execution of marketing/promotional programs created for brand
• Provide feedback on a regular basis regarding improvements in product and promotions
• Collect and assess competitive sales and marketing intelligence with focus on key strategic accounts.
• Analyze and validate distribution chargebacks including: promotions and shipping/product discrepancies
• Manage budget allocations for travel, promotions, advertising, product sample budgets and other responsibilities
• Support co-packing/co-manufacturing opportunities
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Greyston Childcare
Open Position: Head Teacher and Group Head Teacher
- Supervise teachers’ aides and volunteers.
- Must have knowledge of curriculum planning and implementation
- Promote parent involvement
- Understand assessment outcomes and observations.
- Attend weekly group meetings and participate in developmental workshops/trainings to enhance knowledge and understanding of early childhood education.
- Group Head Teacher requires a minimum of Child Development Associate License or an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Head Teacher position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with some experience.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com, attention: Jo Ann Gonzalez
Company: Greyston Bakery
Title: Quality Assurance Coordinator
Hours: 7:00 AM-3:00 PM Days: Monday-Friday
The Quality Assurance Coordinator will be responsible for daily support to the QA Manager in the maintenance of the SQF 2000 System via Daily-Shift Process Checks of Documentation, HACCP/HACQP Verifications, Operational Inspections, Customer/Sensory Product Specifications Checks & Testing, Collection of In Process Product Samples, Monitoring and Reporting of GMP Compliance and Special Project Assignments as directed by the QA Manager to meet the overall Food Safety/Quality and Customer expectations of Greyston Bakery, Inc. .
I. Education Level/Training
A. College Graduate with core studies Sciences and/or Math
1. Strong background in Science and Math (basic knowledge in Food Science is a plus)
2. Strong knowledge of Computers (Word, Excel, Power Point, Minitab, LIMS)
B. 2-4 Years of College in Advanced/General Sciences (Biology, Math, Chemistry, Food Science)
a. Serv Safe / AIB Food Safety preferred
b. SQF Practitioner a plus
D. Sound Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, Copiers, Fax, Printers and Computer Literate
II. Work Experience:
A. 3-5 Years in Snack/Food Industry and/or Food related industry (i.e., Meat, Dairy)
B. 3-5 Years of experience working in a Food Safety/Quality Role
C. 2-5 Years active role in Training/Certification in SQF, HACCP, Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
Company: Greyston Bakery
Open Position: Quality Control Technician
Hours: (TBD) Days: Monday-Friday
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for daily support to the QA Manager in the maintenance of the SQF 2000 System via Daily-Shift Process Checks of Documentation, HACCP/HACQP Verifications, Operational Inspections, Customer/Sensory Product Specifications Checks & Testing, Collection of In Process Product Samples, Monitoring and Reporting of GMP Compliance and Special Project Assignments as directed by the QA Manager to meet the overall Food Safety/Quality and Customer expectations of Greyston Bakery, Inc. .
A. High School and/or College Graduate with Strong Science Background (Biology/Chemistry/Food Science)
1. Strong background in Science and Math (working knowledge of Statistics)
2. Basic knowledge of Computers (Word, Excel, Power Point)
B. Training/Certification in Serv Safe/AIB Food Safety/HACCP is preferred
C. Minimum 1-3 Years in Snack/Food Industry and/or Food related industry (i.e., Production Facility Environment Work Experience: Bakery experience preferred but not mandatory
If you are interested in this position contact Christine Romano, Human Resources 376-3900, extension 250.
Company: Greyston Bakery
Open Position: Electro – Mechanic
Hours: Second Shift
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electro-Mechanic will conduct machine set up, troubleshoot equipment failures, and perform repair and prevent maintenance services ensuring that all safety procedures are being followed. The Electro-Mechanic responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide emergency unscheduled troubleshooting and repairs of production equipment during the manufacturing process, performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production and facility equipment.
• Prepare and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs
• Repair and maintains heating, ventilation, a/c, and refrigeration equipment
• Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production line machines
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Creates and modifies preventive maintenance procedures
• Coordinate and expedite repair operations with production supervisors.
• Manages daily work orders, completes required paperwork in a timely manner..
• Performs cleaning operations using detergent baths, degreasing, grit blasting and wire brushing.
• Follows OSHA, AIB, SQF Standards. Recommends and implements improvements needed to comply with standards. Follows Company Handbook Standards and Rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
If you are interested in this position contact Jo Ann Gonzalez, Human Resources at 375-1575 x223.
Open Position: Vice President of People
We have an opening for a Vice President of People to manage all of the core functions and programs at Greyston relative to our human capital programs, policies and initiatives. As a critical business partner to the CEO, the Vice President of People leads, defines and integrates the uniqueness of the Greyston culture across all of the people aspects of the organization. This is a mission-critical role that serves as a strategic connector between Greyston and the external support services within Southwest Yonkers. The VP of People is responsible for measuring Greyston’s impact in the community and making human capital decisions for improving the lives of our employees at Greyston and individuals in the community struggling with poverty.
This position is responsible for providing, developing and executing Human Resources strategy in support of the overall strategic vision and mission of Greyston. The VP of People will proactively collaborate with the Director of Human Resources to oversee employee relations, benefit plan design and payroll to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations with respect to all areas of Human Resources, including health care law. In addition, this position will ensure the performance management program is comprehensive which includes succession planning as well as organizational development. Leading talent acquisition and retention efforts are a key role to support the organization’s mission.
This position will lead the mission of launching Greyston ‘U’ as the ‘Ivy League’ model of learning of socially responsible organizations. The VP of People will be responsible for growing the PathMaking program to a full, proactive service to employees and the community. This includes increasing outreach to existing and potential participants within the organization and community, enhancing the efficiency of how individuals are referred to Greyston and ensuring the social services partnerships are meeting the unique and changing needs of the employees. This may include, developing, preparing and presenting proposals for funding new programs. The VP of People will strategize and develop partnerships to grow the PathMaking program and will promote the success stories that result from this program.
The position also includes supporting the personal and professional development of Greyston employees by developing and promoting the Greyston mentor program which is designed to involve community members with the growth of employees. The Vice President of People will also manage the Human Resource personnel with respect to strategic and proactive hiring, performance management and disciplinary action.
Bachelor degree required
Master’s degree or Master’s in Social Work preferred
10 years of experience in an executive Human Resources and organizational development role in $15-$20M Company
5 years of not-for-profit experience at an executive level in developing and executing strategic ‘people’ initiatives
Working knowledge of poor and poverty subject matter is a plus
Highly motivated and a creative ‘people’ executive with business acumen
Entrepreneurial mindset with proven excellent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills combined with sound judgement
Proven interpersonal, communication skills with written and presentation skills.
Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our team and mission at www.greyston.com. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter explaining your salary requirements to: VPPgreyston@gmail.com.
Greyston is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: Greyston Health Services
Open Position: Security Supervisor
Oversee security personnel, scheduling, training updates. Maintain a safe and secure environment for Maitri members, Issan tenants and Greyston employees, by patrolling and monitoring premises. Able to perform CPR.
Educational Level/Training : High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses/Certifications : Must possess unexpired NYS Security Guard License; 16 hour OJT (On-the-Job-Training) Certificate; 8 hour Pre-Assignment Training Certificate.
- Ability to manage 4 or more employees, scheduling, and have the ability to co-ordinate people and resources.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess the ability of Active Listening i.e. giving full attention to what other people are saying, understanding points being made, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must be able to talk to others to convey information effectively. Must be able to provide information to manager, co-workers, and sub-ordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended period of time and work independently
- Must be able to document incidents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to act immediately during crisis.
- Direction & Decision-making Minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Position Summary: Oversee security personnel, scheduling, training updates. Maintain a safe and secure environment for Maitri members, Issan tenants and Greyston employees, by patrolling and monitoring premises. Able to perform CPR.
Job Functions and Responsibilities (identify essential and secondary as required by ADA)
Coordinate and maintain work schedules for subordinate staff
Patrol property: interior and exterior areas at regular intervals to ensure security
Inspect buildings and equipment
Maintain work area and keep clear of debris and sensitive information
Monitor and permit entrance into building to authorized persons only. Guest permitted with proper ID
Maintain record of visitors by keeping log with entrance and exit times. Collect ID on all tenant guests
Help maintain orderly environment
Control traffic by directing visitors to destinations and accepting deliveries
Activate and deactivate alarm system at the open and close of each day.
Ensure that authorized vehicles use parking lot only. Inform all others to remove vehicle from lot
Monitor alarm and interact with alarm company and fire department in case of activation
Must be able to complete reports clearly and concisely. Record all information in daily log book
Interact with tenants, visitors and other personnel professionally and with courtesy
Inform supervisor and Management company of abnormalities and special situations as they occur
Must be punctual and responsible for the safe keeping and turnover of equipment used during shift
Must be able to defuse crisis situations