Quality Control Technician
Hours: 2:00 PM-10:00 PM-must be flexible to work any shift and weekends as needed
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for daily support to the QA Manager in the maintenance of the SQF 2000 System via Daily-Shift Process Checks of Documentation, HACCP/HACQP Verifications, Operational Inspections, Customer/Sensory, Product Specifications Checks & Testing, Collection of In Process Product Samples, Monitoring and Reporting of GMP Compliance and Special Project Assignments as directed by the QA Manager to meet the overall Food Safety/Quality and Customer expectations of Greyston Bakery, Inc. .
- High School and/or College Graduate with Strong Science Background (Biology/Chemistry/Food Science)
- Strong background in Science and Math (working knowledge of Statistics)
- Basic knowledge of Computers (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Training/Certification in Serv Safe/AIB Food Safety/HACCP is preferred
Minimum 1-3 Years in Snack/Food Industry and/or Food related industry (i.e., Production Facility Environment Work Experience: Bakery experience preferred but not mandatory.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Company: Greyston Bakery
Open Position: Market and Business Development Director
Greyston is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, consumer driven marketing professional who is excited by our pioneering social mission and growing our bakery business. Opportunity to build businesses from ground floor and innovate on the marketing of “products with a purpose”. He or she must proactively seek, identify and secure new opportunities and maintain and/or expand our current partnerships focused on demand creation, growth, and increased brand awareness. He/she will be responsible for working directly with our strategic partners and internal cross-functional teams to create and implement brand awareness and new business programs. Identifying, assessing strategic and financial feasibility, prioritizing, and closing on new growth opportunities will be key.
Why Join Us?
- Pioneer and leader in social enterprise, 30+ years of creating opportunities for people with barriers to employment
- Mission: We create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring.
- Definition of Open Hiring: Open Hiring provides employment opportunities regardless of background or work history while offering the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community
- Entrepreneurial environment with large growth potential
- First B Corp. in New York
- Intoxicating brownie smells
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in Marketing or related concentration is preferred
- Experienced in sales, business development, and/or marketing
- Retail food experience, a plus
- Non Profit social venture organization or socially conscious organization, a plus
- Identifies with, and is enthusiastic about, Greyston’s mission
- Conceives of opportunities and has the financial and strategic skills needed for successful implementation
- Resourceful, proactive and self-motivated
- Possesses strong relationship building and negotiating skills, experience in closing deals
- Keen promotion capabilities (experienced written and oral communicator)
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent computer skills, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Grow bakery sales
- Create and Implement marketing plans/strategies
- Negotiate deals
- Assess pricing models and financial models
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Promote Greyston mission, products and services during customer visits and events
- Identify and screen potential business deals by analyzing market /industry trends, performance data, insights , deal requirements, market potential, financials; evaluating and recommending best fit based on strategy and financial objectives
- Solicit and drive new distribution channels and marketing outlets for bakery products.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations and goals
- Design marketing programs and execute program tactics including product development, communication, packaging and promotions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to commercialize all renovation and innovation projects from concept testing, and development to commercialization.
- Analyze and synthesize consumer, customer and competitive data. Responsible for brand forecasting, demand planning and tracking performance.
- Tracking and pilot brand advertising and spending in accordance with allocated budgets and business performance
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter explaining your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: Greyston Foundation
Open Position: Information Technology Associate
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community.
Information Technology’s mission at Greyston is to provide the technological tools — and to provide assistance in using those tools — that the people of the Greyston Mandala use in the various programs providing support to those we serve.
In this position, you’ll be engaged in the management and oversight of all Greyston Mandala IT systems at multiple locations. You’ll provide end-user support to executives, managers and social-service, support, and manufacturing staff with a wide range of needs and technical skills. You’ll work closely with the Director of IT to identify, design and implement systems to improve processes and operational policies, and to install, configure, repair, maintain and monitor IT-related hardware and software.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage information technology and computer systems in coordination with the Director of IT:
- Computer systems – networking connectivity, hardware and software including, but not limited to installing, configuring, repairing, maintaining, and monitoring equipment and supporting the users
- Telecommunications systems – networking connectivity, hardware and software, excluding cellular phone systems.
- Photocopy, scanning and facsimile systems.
- Documenting work related to primary responsibilities 1. Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures 2. Develop project tracking and variance reports
- Providing technical advice and support to end-users in coordination with the Executive and Management Teams and the Director of IT 1. Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Working with the Director of IT to identify, design and implement systems to improve processes and operational policies 1. Develop security standards, producers and guidelines for multiple platforms 2. Assemble risk management plans and work effort documentation
- Other tasks as may be assigned
Minimum – Some college-level computer science courses, depending on experience. Preferred – A.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or Library Science with a concentration in Information Technology
Certification may not be required, depending on experience. Preferred – SERVER+, MSCE, VCA6-DCV
Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Minimum – Five years working with varied computing systems in various networked environments, including Active Directory, Citrix Xenapp/Xen Desktop, MS SQL Server, MS Office, and Office 365. Desirable — Experience serving and supporting people in underserved communities.
Skills & Abilities
- Sharply-honed logical, organizational, problem-solving and research skills.
- Clarity of expression in the English language, both written and spoken; especially critical is the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Management and supervisory skills
- Confidence in decision-making
Physical and/or Mental Requirements
- Essential – Dedication to the Greyston mission.
- Essential – Ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects.
- Essential – Ability to prioritize multiple tasks so as to make the most efficient use of your resources, especially your time.
- Essential – Ability to work under pressure and to accommodate interruptions while still meeting deadlines.
- Essential – Ability to work independently toward achieving team goals.
- Essential – Ability to work with diverse staff.
- Essential – Ability to understand and execute wiring and other connections.
- Essential — Ability to lift 40 pounds to a height of five feet.
- Essential — Ability to get under and behind desks and other furniture.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Company: Greyston Early Learning Center
Open Position: Head Teacher and Group Head Teacher
- Supervise teachers’ aides and volunteers.
- Must have knowledge of curriculum planning and implementation
- Promote parent involvement
- Understand assessment outcomes and observations.
- Attend weekly group meetings and participate in developmental workshops/trainings to enhance knowledge and understanding of early childhood education.
- Group Head Teacher requires a minimum of Child Development Associate License or an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Head Teacher position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with some experience.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.